Perlesandco 468x60

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Earrings: Victorian Twist

I just had to use (almost) the very last Tila beads in the antique rose color I had, and make something out of them. And yeh, a pair of earrings!

I began sketching out and planning, experimenting a couple of times to get exactly what I wanted. I decided already that I wanted to use the same colors and the same beads I used for the Victorian Twist Bracelet I made yesterday, I just had to think how on earth I would be able to put it together so it would look nice, without looking too messy.
At the end I think I managed to execute it perfectly and I'm very happy with the result. The transparent hyacinth beads really are light catchers and just looks stunning when the light hits 'em.
I knew that I also wanted to incorporate those cute little heart beads to the earrings as well, and lucky for me, there was a space in the attachment of the loop where I could add a wrapped loop of a head-pin with the heart together with some seed beads of the same color scheme.

I'm not really sure how big they are; maybe the center (think circle-like) of a woman's palm. Sorry, I don't know what I did with my ruler, it will probably pop up soonish, lol.

I'm currently working on a tutorial for this earring, which I'm going to add later :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...