Perlesandco 468x60

Monday, August 29, 2011

Necklace: Queen Elizabeth

So I got another commission to make a Russian Spiral necklace a few weeks ago, and I hadn't been able to begin making it since I've been having a lot of things going on at home etc.
Anyway, the only request I really had about this necklace is that the woman wanted something in yellow and brownish colors, so I decided on taking it a bit further, concerning the design itself.

Last month I filled up my stack of beads with some matsuno 11/0 seed beads in bronze since I've been wanting to stack up on that color since a while.
I used them for the smaller bead for the chain itself, and then I used 9/0 seed beads in two different colors; topaz lined silver and antique gold.



As I began making the chain, I came up with the idea of making just half the length of the chain in two part, followed by some netted beaded beads at each end, which would end up attached to each other, like a pendant. I used some 6mm fire polished czech glass beads and some 6mm bronze colored glass pearls to make 'em. And then at the bottom of each beaded bead I added a fringe.


















I used a copper chain and a lobster-clasp in antique gold as an attachment.
Sorry about the name tho =P It kinda shouted "queen" to me in some weird way, lol.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...