Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bracelet: Dead Princess

I sat yesterday evening and played around with RAW stitch and some 7mm spiral bugle beads that I received as a gift last week from my mother-in-law.
I decided on making a little beaded cuff with the bugles and with some black 11/0 seed beads. I wanted at least another color in it, so figured that I actually for once would combine my absolute two favorite colors (together); red and black. I had some 9/0 seed beads in red lined silver hanging around since a while and hadn't figure out what to do with 'em... Until now!

I decided to combine 'em in a pattern following the bugles in the square and voila!

Then I snatches some cute butterfly and flower beads that I had laying around in the assorted red bead mix that I've been having since... A while anyway.
I embellished the cuff with a couple of those here and there in the center of the cuff. And then I added three 6mm fire polished glass beads in red, for the closing.

The cuff sits really nice and tightly around the wrist and I managed to get exactly what I desired with making this piece. And I've also planned on making a choker using the same technique and design.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...