Perlesandco 468x60

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A bunch of little bracelets

Okey, I'm aware that I haven't been the most active person, blogging these couple of weeks. My excuse is that I've actually been playing some computer games together with my boyfriend and I had a lot of fun. I'm still playing now on and off when I feel for it, heh :P

Besides that, of course I've been beading as well. I got a request about making a couple of tennis styled bracelet from a friend in Sweden and I've been sitting and playing around with different color combinations now and then to create this bunch.

I think I posted over a year ago, in my previous blog, these tennis bracelets in black/yellow and red/black with Swarovski bicones when I was still really inexperienced in beading. Going back and doing the same thing I did then feels kinda... weird? Also fun. Simply because I can compare how my skills actually have been evolving over a year.
To create this bunch I used different kind of 11/0 seed beads; Matsuno, Miyuki and Toho, whatever colors I thought fitting best together. I mixed one brand with another or the same. For one bracelet, I used 4mm Swarovski bicones. For the other bracelets I used 4mm firepolished Czech glass beads, 4mm glassy pearls by Gütermann.
I might actually make another one that isn't included in the picture. I feel that a blue bracelet actually is missing from the bunch. At the point when I completed the last one, I noticed that I don't have a  single blue 4mm bead at all! So I went out to the town to check out the summer sale to see if I could get my hands on any. And I found a tube in navy blue that I just love.

I'm also gonna point out already now that I'm not gonna be around starting 29th of August to 7th of September. I was so happy yesterday when we actually managed to get to traveling agency and book flight tickets to northern Sweden. I know it's a late time to take a vacation, but it's been almost 3 years since I've been home so it's totally worth it! :)

1 comment:

H.T. said...

Hello:-)
Fine bracelets-very colorful and happy looks.
Nice to read,that You're coming to Sweden:-)
We could met someday as well.
Warm Greets-Halinka-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...