Perlesandco 468x60

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bead Embroidery Earrings

For those who follows me on Twitter and Facebook, I've mentioned that I've been working on a couple of bead embroidery earrings since a few days back.

I've always been a bit scared of creating earrings with bead embroidery... Why? Cause I've been scared of the facts that each pair should be kind of identical. I know, I know... Silly, but sometimes I'm a bit of a symmetrical-perfectionist-freak, lol.
This week I decided to step out of my comfort zone and actually deal with this little "fear" of mine, and after creating the first pair I can honestly not understand what it was I was afraid of. It went so nice and smooth, lol. I dealt with one pair at a time, but in a sequence; bezel one pair and then bezel the second one before moving on to the next part of the design.

For the first pair I made, I created a pair of post earrings, using a 10mm Swarovski pearl, 4mm Swarovski bicones, 11/0 seed beads by Toho.
I kinda like these, cause they don't lay "flat" on the surface but they stick out, giving a lot of texture even if they are pretty simple.

For the second pair I made I decided to use some of those gorgeous 14mm montana blue rivolis by Swarovski that I bought last month. This once, I actually chose to bezel the rivoli with 11/0 Delicas, and I must say that they give a very clean look for the bezel itself. After I added the outer row after the bezel ring I decided to add some shiny blue iris faceted Czech glass beads for the design. I already had decided after the bezel, that I wanted to attach these earrings to a hook, and with that create a fringe for them.
For this pair, there's actually two fringes. If you can see it on the photo, there's a fringe starting from the edging of the joining of the beading foundation and the ultrasuede. And then the second fringe comes from the faceted Czech glass beads.
Besides the rivolis I also used 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads by Toho, 15/0 seed beads by Miyuki, 11/0 Delicas, 4mm firepolished Czech glass beads, 4mm Swarovski bicones, 8mm twisted bugles by Gütermann and nickel-free hooks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...