Perlesandco 468x60

Monday, July 25, 2011

Ring & Pendant: Meteor

I took myself time to try out some beaded bezels with the swarovski rivolies that I bought last month. It's actually quite fun, and very frustrating, at least when it comes to fitting the rivoli into the bezel itself.

I decided to use both the smoked colored crystals in a set piece. I decided on using those gunmetal colored beads as well, since they are so pretty and also cause the color is in fashion this year.
I ended up making a necklace, using the 14mm rivoli, a few 4mm fire polished glass beads, a few 6mm fire polished glass beads and seed beads in sizes 11/0 and 15/0.

For the necklace I also added a chain which happened to be gunmetal plated - what convenient! I used some jump-rings in sizes 4mm and 6mm in 20 gauge for attaching the pendant to the chain. God, I still love those jump-rings. I just haven't been able to use 'em that much since metal really are expensive at this time.

For the ring I only used the same 4mm fire polished beads as for the pendant. And then for the ring I used herringbone stitch.
Herringbone stitch is actually one of my favorite stitches, since it gets that scaly effect, and when you touch it it just feels like a nice surface.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow! Hur snygga som helst!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...