Perlesandco 468x60

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Crow & the Butterfly

I've always been a bit of a fan of the St. Petersburg chain, and felt that I wanted to try making a choker like necklace with a fringe.
I made a pattern like way on the fringing. I kinda wanted them to increase the closer they ended up to the middle of the necklace. I used a mix of 11/0 seed beads, and a few 15/0 seed beads at the end of each fringe.
Towards the center I added a 4mm glass pearl just before the turn the the fringe, to add some more contrast in the whole piece.

I decided to add a chain for the bolt clasp, so it would be adjustable, depending on the neck size etc.

It took me about an hour to make the St. Petersburg chain, then about another 2 hours for the fringe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...