Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BTW - 6th June 2012

I know I haven't been very active on making new creations lately :)
But, I'm still working now and then on finishing up that bead embroidery necklace that I posted the start of a few weeks ago.
The concept is still almost the same as it was then when it comes to color. I remember how I wrote that I might add some silver later and mainly stick with black beads in different finishes. I've so far incorporated silver seed beads in both 11/0's and 15/0's. After playing around with those wonderful, bright leaves here and there on the design, I actually decided to add them to it, and I think it fits nicely so far.
Yesterday, I played around with some flat backs (German glass, I think) that I've been having in my stash for about one and a half year. The dark blue shine on the flat backs gives a real nice contrast to the piece, and it fits the concept I decided to go. I actually already named the piece, but I won't say what until it's completely done. I also only show a bit of the design on the photo, since I don't want to spoil it too much :)

Last week I also decided to buy some stuff that I've been wanting to add to my stash for a while. I bought some brass cuff links in different sizes and one brass collar link from Robin's Beads. So far they are the only supplier that I've stumbled upon in Europe who sells these, I mean the brass collar links :) Currently, Robin's have them in three different sizes, so I might buy even more later!

I also decided to make my very first purchase from Bricol'Art. At the moment they have a 10% discount on all their metal findings, and I strongly recommend you to take a look.
I've already made my second order from them, and after it arrives I think I'm gonna make a review about them, we'll see :)

1 comment:

H.T. said...

Hi:-)
The new necklace seems to be very beautiful.I like the colors and the cabs used.
Best Greetings-waiting for more-Halinka-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...