Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BTW - 20th of June 2012

This Wednesday I have a couple of resin project laying around, and yet another bead embroidery piece...

I was so happy this Monday when the order I had placed with Beadaholique arrived in the mail. I ordered from their Amazon site, as always...
What I had bought was 8oz of Ice Resin, which I've been wanting to tryout for over a year now, but the time to order it haven't really been right. I ordered the basic 8oz kit, which contains small measurement cups and some stir-sticks. With the resin I also ordered a couple of molds which contained different shapes; round in 20mm and 38mm, squares in different sizes and another round with four different sizes in it.

For my first try I decided to experiment with some pearlx powder that I normally apply to polymer clay, but I've read somewhere that they should work with almost anything to get a metallic like effect. Actually, they worked out perfectly for the project I did and I'm very happy with the lavender ones. The bluish ones, are... Okay. I should have waited for the resin to dry a bit before adding the items in there since they went directly to the bottom, lol. At least it's a learning process :P

Besides the resin journey, I'm also working on a bead embroidery cuff. The center piece is a Zoisite gemstone. I've actually been doing this cuff with free-form; adding as I go without any real design, only a color palette in my mind. So far there are Toho seed beads in sizes 11/0 and 15/0, glass pearls from Gütermann, 3mm bugles by Miyuki and some dyed freshwater pearls.
With this cuff I'm kinda stepping out of my comfort zone; I'm such a symmetrical control freak and I become really annoyed with myself as I've noticed in my previous projects that I always try to get everything 100% symmetric. I decided this time, that no matter how much my brain struggles with tis urge, I'm gonna do everything to deny it! lol...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...