Perlesandco 468x60

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Necklace: Aurora

I managed to finish up the bead embroidery pendant, together with its chain yesterday and managed to get a couple of pictures of it today :)

This, as I noticed in my earlier post, is a birthday gift for my mother in law -  hope she'll like it, lol :p

To create this piece I only used 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads. Instead of a normal opaque white I decided to use the ones with an AB finish on 'em, I just love the effect. The other color is a cobalt blue with a frosted AB finish.

The cabochon is made with polymer clay in a white metallic effect color.
As for the bail, I used right angle weave and added some embellishing on two the outer edges. The small chain is in twisted herringbone stitch. I wanted a very thin, yet elegant chain to go with the pendant, but without taking away the focus from the pendant itself. I chose to make it a twisted herringbone (had already settled on a herringbone chain) of the reason that I wanted to incorporate a single strand in it with the blue color, and what other way to use the twisted variation for it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...