Perlesandco 468x60

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Item of the Month: Thread Zapper

I've been thinking for quite a while if I should get my hands on a thread zapper (burner) since I've been hearing so much good about it. I've just been on that point where I've been a cheapskate and thought to myself that a scissor will do just as good.
In the end it's not the same thing...

Last week I decided to jump down from my high horse and buy a thread zapper, and it finally arrived together with some other new stash I added with it.
Of course I couldn't wait to try it out. I had actually on purpose left a piece of thread on a beadwork that I'd been working on yesterday since I was waiting for it. So yeah, I tried it immediately! And I must say that I wasn't a day disappointed!
I can get a lot closer to the bead and burn off the access thread that I don't want to show, and it stops the thread from fraying.
I've had a recommendation by someone a while ago that I could use a lighter just as well, but... It's an open flame, and it's not as easy to control as a thread zapper, since' it's not an open, dancing flame.

There are of course different brands of thread zappers out on the market, but I decided to personally go fo the one from  The Bead Smith. It requires one AA battery, which is not included.

Of course it get very hot when you press the button, so you should always be cautious when using it and you would probably want to make sure you have some ventilation since it smell when you use it. Burning things always tend to send out some odor, lol!  


I recommend everyone, that hasn't, or are even thinking about getting a thread burner to get one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...