Perlesandco 468x60

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tilas!

Finally I got my guts together and tried out working with those lovely Tila beads from Myuki. I actually only had enough to make a small piece so I decided on a bracelet.

The color I had laying around was a gunmetal (who could have known, right? lol *sarcasm*) in a matte finish. I've been caressing these tila beads for a while since it's the only ones I have in my stash and aprox. 10g (50-60 beads). I got really encouraged in working with tilas, so I'll most likely build up my stash next time with some additional tila beads.

To make this rather simple bracelet I built up the tilas by using lader stitch. I did two separate ones and then I joined them together by adding a 4mm gunmetal bead inbetween. To add some contrast and also some color I added a picot fringe in an 11/0 seed bead mix.
For the closure I added a gunmetal plated chain and some jump-rings together with a silver-plated lobster clasp. At the end of the chain I added a 6mm gunmetal bead for weight measurement.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...