Perlesandco 468x60

Friday, November 4, 2011

Earrings: Russian Leaves

I finally got my hands out of my pockets and gave the Russian leaves a try, since I've been enchanted by the stitch since quite a while.
To try it I always had a pair of earrings in my mind to kick it off, and then take it a step further to create a bigger piece.

The stitch is basically diagonal peyote stitch. I found the pattern however at MyLovelyBeads, the graphs are tho is Russian (I think) but it's very easy to understand how to work the stitch :)

I've been having a tube of 10g 9/0 hex beads in store for quite a while, and I didn't know what to do with 'em, cause 10g ain't really that much to work with. Of course I could just have done these with 11/0 seed beads, but you get a really shinier and light catching effect when using hex beads and I thought that woudl be more flattering for a pair of earrings like these.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...